A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytics cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Our Contact details
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We may share this information with suppliers needed to provide the booking service, after-sales, and customer support. Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:We have a contractual obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. We keep Personal Identifiers and details of your train journey for 7 years. We will then dispose your information by securely erasing it from our systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
- The ICO’s address:
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- Wycliffe House
- Water Lane
- SK9 5AF
- Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
- ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk